Wednesday, January 25, 2006

If you had ever told me I would own five cars at one time, I would have said your were delusional. Unfortunately I own five cars. I drive a 1985 Dodge half-ton truck. We rebuilt this one for my daughter when she was in High School. My daughter drives a Chrysler Concord. This is a hand me down from her mother with hopes that it will get her through College. My son dives a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder. This was purchased to replace the 1972 Plymouth Duster we built for him when he was in High School. The muscle car was not nice on the gas bill so we decided to sell it in favor of the Pathfinder. Only problem is, it hasn’t sold yet. My wife drives the only relatively new car we own which is a 04 Nissan Extera.

All this to say that I am the living proof that possessions own us rather then the other way around. I’m so sick and tired of cars, if I ever get rid of all of them; I may never but another one.

Just so you can feel my pain, I’ll let you have a look at the past Christmas holidays. While my kids were home I watched two of these cars be in accidents, changed the oil in three of them, had one in the shop for an electrical problem, fixed a defective wind shield wiper motor on one of them, had a master cylinder replaced on one of them and that doesn’t cover the little stuff each vehicle required. I’m currently driving that muscle car of my son's while my truck is in the body shop.

I hate cars.

Somewhere out in the future my two children will be gainfully employed as productive citizens who pay for their own transportation. At that point I will own only two vehicles, and will be proud of it. I will be wealthier, wiser and happier.

Now if you would like to talk about car insurance…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web