Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Two weeks ago my High School class gathered for a 30-year reunion. While I didn’t attend one friend who did commented that there were more lines then a road map. Yes we the class of 1976 have grown older. I haven’t been to a High School reunion since my tenth and don’t plan on going to any. I keep in touch with the people I want to keep in touch with but thinking about this reunion and my High School days does make for some interesting thinking.

I’ve been out of High School for thirty years, that’s almost twice as long as the 18 years it took me to get to and through High School. I’ve been in my present job 17 years and I can honestly say I think the four years I spent in High School have more to do with who I am then my 17 years here. I have more memories, good and bad, from those four years then my 17 years here. I was scarred more, laughed more, learned more and lived more in those four years then any other time in my life including college.

Why is it that those four short years mean so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web