Friday, July 13, 2007

A strange thing happened this week. I work part time as a fishing guide and had two trips booked this Friday and Saturday. Each day I would have the same people on my boat so my weekend was full. Early this week my folks called and canceled but they sent a check for the entire amount the trips would cost. So here I sit with two days pay for work I don’t have to do.

I feel like I’ve been given a reprieve on a death sentence. That may over state the case a little but I do feel like some one gave me two free days. Now what am I going to do with them? Unfortunately there is no shortage of things to do around the house so I’ll spend the weekend taking care of all the things I put off while I’m guiding but that’s O.K. I still feel like these are free days some one just dropped on my head.

The weird thing is there is a part of me that seems to think I should feel like this all the time. Each day is a new one and why shouldn’t we approach it as a gift. Now I’ll be the first to admit the fact I have a thousand dollars in my pocket I don’t have to work for helps that gift feeling a lot but surely there is something about each day we could find to make us realize life is usually pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web